Two Sundays and flying across the International Date Line

Toronto Travel Blog

I got up around 9am this morning and got my things together and headed to the airport.  I caught a 3:15 flight from Hong Kong to Toronto on Air Canada.  It was a 15 hour flight and felt like an eternity.  It seemed like everyone on the plane was sick with some respiratory infection.  Lots of coughing and sneezing.  I sat next to (or around) a family of 10 and they were ALL sick.  The FAs kept coming up and bringing medicine and instrucing them to take small sips of water.  One of them even kep their air sick bag on tray table.... even after they had used the bag!!  AAAAHHHH  I was really starting to get irritated.  Not to mention the fact that I was in the second to last row of the plane and right next to the bathrooms!!  Anyways, we finally landed in Toronto.  I was supposed to fly tomorrow morning to Washington, but I figured I would give a shot to trying to go standby on another flight.  United, Air Canada and US Airways all rejected me!!  I was seriously pissed but figured there was nothing I could do about it.  Fortunately I arranged to stay with a friend of mine who lives near Toronto.  She picked me up at 9:30 and we headed back to her place.  There were some people there so I stayed up for a while and talked before finally giving up and going to bed.  I need to be up tomorrow at 3:45 to head back to the airport for my finaly flight home!!  Almost there!!!
On the way to the airport