Singapore!!!.... It's hot as hell here!!!

Singapore Travel Blog

Temple in Little India

Wow.. so I have finally arrived in Singapore..  I have always wanted to go here for a long time and now the opportnity has finally come (even if its for a short while).  I arrived into Changi airport around 6am.  I knew the hostel wouldn't have reception open until 8 so I decided to get some breakfast there and use the Wi-Fi to make some calls and check up on my emails.  I didn't mention before (I don't think) but my next stop is in Hong Kong and I am supposed to be couchsurfing with a guy there.  When I was in Nairobi the other day, I checked my email and found out that he couldn't host me anymore.  I sent out a few emergency emails to other surfers, but so far, I haven't had any luck!..  Hopefully something will come through because I didn't plan to be by myself in a city I've never been too!!.

So I finally left the airport and headed to my hostel around 8am.  The place where I am staying is called the Inn Crowd.  This is my first time ever staying in a hostel so it should be interesting!!  When I arrived around 8:30, there weren't any beds available for me to crash in until 12 so I waited in the main lounge area for about an hour, debating on whether or not I should go out or try and sleep (I didn't sleep but an hour or so the night before!).  What didn't help was that there was no air conditioner in the hostel and it was so freakin' humid so I was all clothes and sweat!!..  I eventually laid down on a couch determined to get some sleep before I went out.  I think I got about 20 minutes before I woke up just completely drenched (sorry for the details!).  So I gained my composure and went out to conquer Singapore!!!  I left the hostel around 11:30 am and just went walking.

I started out in Little India and then made my way to a metro stop to catch the train somewhere.  I ended up at Orchard Road and spent a few hours going around the malls there (partly because of the air conditioner!!)  I bought a couple of things for myself and then all of a sudden, I was completely overwhelmed with tiredness.  So I made my way back to the hostel, took a shower and then got a 3 hours nap.  After my attempt to re-vive myself, I got up and made my way into the city again...  I walked around some areas where I had no idea where I was going.  Around 7:30 I headed over to Esplanade to meet up with Winnie and some other Travbuddys for a small meet up.
  We met at Gluttons Bay to try a bunch of different foods.  They were all very good (except the sting ray).  It was great meeting more TBs and having things to talk about.   The people who came were Winnie (lonelytravelerwin), Adrian (yoghurt28s), Florianne (coffeefairy) and Jaime (realee).  Another one of Florianne's friends came as well.  After dinner we went walking around the Quay and then went and got some ice cream.  After that we went to a club/bar called China One where we all got a drink and took lots of pictures!!  It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.  I got back to the hostel around 1:30am and set my alarm to get me up at 5:00am for my flight to HK.  I have no idea if I have a couchsufer to stay with but I guess I will find out!!

Shopping Shopping Shopping!!
Shopping Shopping Shopping!!
Travbuddies!!!
Travbuddies!!!
I tried to stop them but they woul…
I tried to stop them but they wou…
Winnie and her man!!
Winnie and her "man"!!
Florianne hitting on some guy!
Florianne hitting on some guy!
Sting Ray!