Sailon Village

Garsen Travel Blog

Today is our second day of clinics.  We are going to the village of Sailon which is about 10 miles away from the village we went to yesterday.  That meant of course that we had to go down the same bumpy road.  When we got the village there were already a number of people waiting for us to.  We soon got the pharmacy running and the people were beginning to see the doctors.  This particular village happened to have a number of Somalians living there.  I have nothing against them but for some reason they seem to be a bit more pushy than the normal Kenyan villagers we had encountered so far.  None the less, we did a lot of work and had a great day.   I suppose the highlight of the day was meeting a man who happened to have a trained monkey with him.  The monkey’s name was Mr. Box.  My friend Ryan called the monkey over to him and it started tasting the hair on his arm, then crawled up his back and onto his neck where he proceeded to “become really excited” (if you know what I mean).  Ryan wasn’t aware of this so I quickly grabbed him and pulled him away from the horny Mr. Box!!!  After we got back to the YWCA, we had dinner and once again just went to bed.  Everyone, including myself, was exhausted.  Tomorrow is another village.

tvillingmarit says:
Your blog is great. You have managed to write a simple text to tell us about your day and your photos just complet it.
Posted on: Aug 30, 2008