Time to go (and already I'm exhausted!!)

Washington Travel Blog

Well today begins my journey to Kenya!! I will be going on a 13 day medical trip with my church. We will be bringing medical supplies and holding clinics in the village on Micameni, near Mombasa. I have wanted to go to Kenya for a long time and my "dream" is finally coming true. Getting there (and coming home) will be quite the adventure too. My Grandmother offered to get my ticket with her frequent flyer miles so of course I accepted. What I didn't know was the conditions it came with! Because only 2 Star Alliance airlines fly to Kenya, I could only get flights on them. The quickest way (Swiss International) was all booked up, so I got seats on South African. For my outbound flights, I have layovers in Philadelphia, Frankfurt (for 13 hours), Johannesburg and then finally Nairobi. It will take me a total of 2 days to get there and almost 24 hours combined flying time. Either way I am excited. While in Frankfurt, I will be couchsurfing with a guy. He will show me around Frankfurt so that will be good.

Ok, well here we go!!!! :)
FR-ank says:
damn should be a brainstorming to get all your flights :)))
Posted on: Aug 22, 2008