Urban planning museum and train to Luoyang

Shanghai Travel Blog

Urban planning museum.

Someone at the hostel gave me a good tip. The urban planning museum. My train leaves in the evening and I don't want to wait all day and do nothing. The museum is about all the plans that Shanghai has for it's city, building wise. But because they are building so fast, you really see what's allready there:-)

On the 2nd floor there is a big maquette of the city. Very big. In 2010 they will host the World expo and they show you what buildings they are constructing and all there plans.

There is also information about the relocating of people. To get them out of there old houses, where the plumming, heating and electricity is not very good and in to appartment buildings. I'm not sure if that's the way to go. So much of the Chineses life outside.

From the 4th floor of the museum.
That's were they meet friends, have a talk, play a game, eat and socialize. That's so much more difficult living in a big appartment building. But he, you don't have much of a choice here.

After the museum I go to the big Shopping center near the hostel. I get some food to take on the train(dark bread and peanut butter!!), have a drink at Starbucks and a look at some of the shops.

In the afternoon I make my way to the train station. Man, it's busy there! I just show people my ticket and finally I end up on the train. Haven't spoken a word. My compartment has 4 beds and looks pretty comfortable. There is one man and a mother with her daughter. I just say 'hi', but they are not in for a talk. I read, look out of the window(China is very green) and listen to some music. I don't sleep much, but it's nice to lie down.

From the 4th floor of the museum.
Shopping center near Zongzhang par…
Shopping center near Zongzhang pa…
From the train to Luoyang.
From the train to Luoyang.
Shanghai