AsiaChinaBeijing

Behai park

Beijing Travel Blog

In the morning I went again to the Holland House to watch the swimm finals. Once again it was very dissapointing. Marleen Veldhuis only got till 6th place. She should have made it at least in the top 3. Oke no more sports for me today. Sightseeing is on the list!

I make my way to Behai park. This is very famous park. There is a big lake in the middel and you can rent boats. The weather is really nice today and there is a lot of blue sky. Very rare for Beijing. Lucky me he! I enjoy walking in the park a lot. But it's also hard work. In the middle there is a hill with a big white stupa(?) on top. it's a tough climb, but the view is amazing. You even see the new building by Rem Koolhaas, Jingshang park and the Forbidden city. Worth the work:-)

Close by the north gate exit is a Starbucks. Joehoe! I'm so not a traveller  who can live without Western comforts. Then I wanted to get back to my hostel, to have a nice relaxing evening for once. So I tried to get a taxi. After 10 minutes he was out of petrol and I had to get of. When I finally got another one, he didn't want to bring me. I think he said something about not nowing were it was and i tried to explane it to him on my map, but anyway he kicked me out!!! I swore at him in Dutch. Then I walked all the way back. I was glad to bump into a supermarket to get me some yoghurt and cheap water(8 euro cent)

Beijing