Honolulu - Overnight

Honolulu Travel Blog

I'm currently spending the night here in Honolulu because my flight leaves here early in the morning.  In essence, I'm kind of forced to stay but I'm not complaining!  First off, I use public transit cause its affordable and clean with just $2 from the airport to anywhere.  The big mistake I made was hoping on the one that went to Hickam Airforce Base which I'm not allowed to enter.  That meant a 30 minute wait in the heat outside until the driver came back around.  About an hour and a half later (yes can you believe it?) I made it to my hotel where I missed my stop and had to walk about 4 blocks back :).  Exercise is great!  I check in to the Maile Sky Court hotel which is in a great location if you're a shopper.  The room rates are great too for Honolulu/Waikiki though lacking in luxury but who needs that!  I tried to stay confined to the hotel to get a good nights rest however, forgetting my passport photos and guide books led me on a wild ride around Honolulu.  I don't come from a big city so navigating my way around these kinds of places are a little frustrating for me.  First, I hate using taxi's cause they're so expensive here but I had to get to Kinko's somehow.  I got there and within minutes, got my photos and a binder (what I'm an organization freak!)  My sister works for the Honolulu Trolly as a driver (ask for Lisa on the Blue Line!) so I was lucky to get a free ride back to my hotel :).  I felt a little guilty though because I got pushed ahead of the line passing all the nice Japanese families (lot of cute girls too omg...)  After getting back, my sister and I had dinner at Petit Garlic, a nice little Italian place in a small corner.  I finally got to bed at around 11pm... did I mention that I was up all night before and all day?

Got up at 4:30... then at 4:35... then again at 4:50 and got my a** in gear finally.  Quick shower to soothe thy self and off to the airport I go.  The receptionist said I should have been there an hour ago but what does he know!  I got to my terminal on time and checked in fine.  I was a little nervous about the girl wondering where my Vietnamese visa was but I had to explain that I have a pre-approval letter.  She reluctantly passed me on and I boarded the plane beautifully.

photo by: crystalware