Island hopping take 3 - should I find something better to do? NOOOOO

El Nido Travel Blog

Once again it is time for island hopping - you really can't get too much of this stuff so I am off at tour A this time. Many people claim it is the best of the 4 tours - so this is looking good because tour C was amazing. This morning they actually managed to tell all the passengers to get onboard at the same time - 9. Super nobody have to wait today. Onboard is the not so French students and hey this is a small place so Brice made it up from El Nido to join us for the fun.

I am not sure that tour A is actually better than tour C or the other tours for that matter. They are all good and all the same but different. Basically the concept for all the tours are getting on the boat gets out sailing and go snorkelling.

Then when lunch comes around find a nice little beach where you can roast your pork and your fish - and eat it while at the beach looking out at the landscape - the recipe is simple but the result is amazing.

Once again it is sunshine - the rain down in Puerto Princesa is long gone. Maybe the people who claimed that that sort of weather was unusual were right after all despite me doubting them for a long time. The water is calm and clear as well and we go to some of the most famous sights of the area. The small and the big lagoon. Both are amazing places and you can not sail in because the water is way too shallow. So you have to snorkel in which is great you get to get really close to the fish and the sun are out so the colours are pretty good.

Unfortunately this tour A is more popular than tour C so we do not have the place to our self we need to share - bummer.

In the end we get to Big Lagoon. Where the water is really shallow because of low tide but we get in there and spend some time jumping of the pontoon and swimming a bit in the water - it is reasonably though not really hot like I had expected it is less than 30 as my best estimate of water temperature.

We need to get out of the Big Lagoon and on the way out I manage to run a shore while snorkelling. I had gone a bit astray from the deepest part of the water and if you do that during low tide - you will get yourself beached like a whale and have to stand up and walk out to the "deep" water were it maybe about a foot deep.

As a little extra stop on this tour we got a part of tour B - a cave it is a bit different to the rest of the trip because you got to go inside a small cave where a few people used to live.

It was some strange place to live because during high tide the water will block the entrance to the cave and you get stocked in there until the water goes down again. Put on top of this you will be in almost complete darkness I can see how you can quickly developed some claustrophobic tendency living in that place. Well not really the big highlight of the day but remarkably how people have lived in this part of the world not very long ago.

Jemalin says:
Those pics look great. I am definately wanting to do a long tour of the philippines after reading this blog
Posted on: Nov 11, 2008
yheleen says:
i love the pics :) now, i'm loving my country even more :)
Posted on: Jul 30, 2008
blurbmoi says:
Great pictures Mickey! Love it!!!
Posted on: Jul 29, 2008
Crowded entrance to small lagoon
Crowded entrance to small lagoon
Underwater in small lagoon
Underwater in small lagoon
lots of small fish - fit in small …
lots of small fish - fit in small…
tiny fish