Goodbye to fish

Anilao Travel Blog

Last day at the sea I have to say goodbye to a big part of my journey to the Philippines the amazing diving and snorkeling part of the country. Hence after breakfast I will go out for a bit of snorkeling and like the previous days the water is really clear and everything. Hence it is no problem to get a good look at the fish and corals close to the shore. There is no other divers today so I will have to settle with just the snorkeling which is not that bad in the end.

After lunch it is time to head to the worst part of the trip - the big city Manila. Well there is no other way my plane is leaving from there and I thought ok maybe I should try to survive one day in the city - it is the capital after all so maybe there will be some interesting sights somewhere. I admit it is not very likely but you need to take a change sometimes. So I go for the long jeepney bus journey back - it is a lot easier this time around given I more or less know my way by now. And to try something new I stay at the Kabayan Hotel which had gotten status as sort of an unofficial Manila TB meet-up hotel which was how I got to know it.

During my short search for somewhere to eat at night I once again remember why I did not really like this city in the first place. But hey maybe things will be better tomorrow.

toddster184 says:
Con't. whereas I know every nook and cranny of Canada....sort of. I travelled all over Canada extensively...East to West...North to South.
toddster184 says:
No. They are from Manila but my dad travlled all over the Philippines. He knows every nook and cranny of that country.
tj1777 says:
ah your parrents are from palawan? the forrest looked really think but I have no idea if it is difficult to navigate. I think there is malaria and other nasty stuff in the forrest as well but I am not sure.
Big fish