A surfers suburb

Surfers Paradise Travel Blog

Bus into Surfers centre
Once we were all recovered from the big weekend, and I could again feel my feet enough to consider walking, it was time to head north from New South Wales to visit my next friend, Selena in Surfers Paradise.

Jon jon had to go up that way to collect a waterblaster so he could do a bit of cleaning around home, so again I managed to spend some time with him driving me about the place.  I was a little bummed to have to cut a track from him but I only had two weeks and still had 4 more chums to catch.
  Jon jon dropped me right on Selena's doorstep and then shot the gap back home.  He is due to return in the weekend and play on Tamborine Mountain, so I'll be seeing him again then anyway.

It was good to catch up with Selena.  She used to be my neighbour in Te Puke and had come over here at the beginning of the year with a couple of her kids.  She'd been back to NZ since then so I'd only seen her a couple of months ago.
  We caught up with the goss and I spent the next couple of days exploring the shopping centres around her place, riding busses, drinking coffee...  you know the sort of thing.

On the Friday night we went into the towncentre and checked out the market.  It wasn't too fantastic but considering it was the middle of winter the place was humming quite nicely.