Up, up and away

Hamilton Travel Blog

Flying out of Hamilton in the afternoon meant that I could get the personal jobs done before I had to be at the airport.

I lived/worked in Hamilton (or "Hamiltron -City of the future" as we used to call it) for 7 years but for some reason I couldn't find a chum to drive me to the airport and store my car for 2 weeks -grrr, parking fees are a pain!

Anyway, I still own a couple of places in Hamilton and I had to give some attention to one of the doors that was sticking, so I took a bootload of tools over in the wagon and spent an hour sorting that before lunch.  Having that wee job on my mind meant I still wasn't over-amped about the trip.  The weather today has been a constant drizzle so I was more concerned about working somewhere dry so I didn't upset the tenants tramping mud through the place.

Job done and dusted at last and an easy drive out to the Hamilton International Airport.  Although it's called that I'm pretty sure the only international destinations flown to out of here is the East Coast of Aussie.  I didn't mind at all though, it's a very easy airport to negotiate due to it's tiny size.

About 3 hours after we took off (and 2 hours earlier than home in time zone) I landed at Coolangatta where I was met by Jon jon.  Naturally he was very pleased to finally have me over his way so we celebrated with a swift pint before heading back to his place in Byron Bay.
photo by: Koralifix