Up and away

Gold Coast Travel Blog

Have backpack. Need bus.
My last day staying over here and I must admit that the frantic pace, the many many beers and the scorching sun finally got the better of me.  Selena's kids had to go to school (Tuesday morning after all) and I was well out to it when Jordan popped his head in the door and whispered good-bye.
  Half asleep I muttered the same back to him then struggled out of my slumber, threw on some pants and went out to wish them all the best 'till we caught up with each other again.
  I then tottered back to bed and stacked another 40 winks.

Selena had the day off and I had planned my departure for late afternoon so we decided to bus into Robina towncentre and enjoy brunch together.  She decided "Reflections" restaurant would be a good bet and I must say the food was good.  Sitting inthe full sun was a bit of a trial and not very conducive to dining but we were all done by the time I had to jump another bus to Coolangatta airport.

I gave my friend a hug and a kiss and left her behind to grab her own bus home.

I had a bit of a wait at the airport but we all know what's that like and I finally had some time to edit some of my poetry.  Pretty funny that I'd been carrying my books around for the whole trip and hadn't yet had the chance to anything with them until just before I was due to fly home.  No regrets about that though it had certainly been a full couple of weeks.

The flight back to Hamilton was about 3 hours of uneventful.  We wandered across the tarmac from the plane to the terminal in a cold and damp wind.  Once through customs etc I found my car in the dark carpark, paid my huge parking fee and headed back to Te Puke and home.

Hit the sack at just after 1am and was pleased to be there for sure....
Have backpack.  Need bus.
Have backpack. Need bus.