Up Mt Tamborine for a song in the sun

Eagle Heights Travel Blog

Gold Coast from Eagle Resort, Tamborine Mountain
Jon jon and Marion collected me from Selena's on Sunday morning on their way up Tamborine Mountain.  I had an overnight bag packed because we were all going to hear Jonny play at Eagle Resort during the afternoon then we'd be getting rolling drunk and crashing out at Paul and Paula's.  They hadn't said we were going to get rolling drunk but I had learned during "Splendour" last weekend that it was very very likely.

Eagle Resort was spectacular.  The perfect weather and the amazing outlook over the Gold Coast attracted everyone from bikers to families.  They served good food, great beverages and of course Jon jon was going to be playing for us in the background.

I knew early on that I had made an error by not including my hat and my sunscreen in my overnighter.
Eagle Resort
  We were there for four hours and I could feel the heat of the sun after just four minutes!

I wandered about the lawn after helping Jon jon set up.  Someone said that the resort was previously owned by Mel Gibson.  I could see why he might have liked to live right there, it really was a terrific view.

As the afternoon progressed several of J&M's friends arrived to join us, including Paul and Paula.  Marion finished the last set singing alongside Jonny and then I helped pack out the gear.  By that stage my face was glowing red enough to invite comment and the redness was only accentuated when I removed my sunglasses to reveal a mask-like whiteness beneath.  V.cool!!

We shot back to P&P's for some soup then went up the the Tamborine Mountain Golf Club where there was a band practise.  The bar was open and the place was full of locals who regularly enjoyed the event.  After the practise everyone jammed and that was why Jon and Marion were welcomed into the fold.
  It's been a few years since I've sung in public so I left it to the pros and just enjoyed the music and the company.

I also enjoyed the alcohol a little more than I would have liked but we were home reasonably early and Paula threw together some toasted sandwiches.  They were very enjoyable!  Then everyone went to bed and I retired to my matress on the floor.
Gold Coast from Eagle Resort, Tamb…
Gold Coast from Eagle Resort, Tam…
Jammin up Tambo Mountain