Scuba diving and doing the rounds.

Oludeniz Travel Blog

Haha, I look cool.

We decided to go scuba diving as we had both always wanted to... the night before we promised and promised we were NOT going to drink, as throwing up into your regulator is probably a memorable but not very nice experience. Ooooops. Free beer is a killer.

So there I lay feeling Sooooo worse for where on a sea I can only describe as ridiculously choppy, wishing my head would explode to get the pain over and done with. A day on a boat is something i really couldnt be doing with, but never the less the weather was gorgeous, and after a few coffee's and a chat with some experienced divers It was time to get suited and booted.... errmmm I mean finned? Wetsuits are hard to get on, especially when your feeling a bit wobbly, Diving was a really good experience, I was surprised at how bloody freezing it is when you have been down only half an hour, but never the less it was enjoyed by all, and somehow I manaed to keep last nights skinfull down.

Me Tommy and Joey
Spoke to some interesting people on the trip including an ex squaddie who had some funny stories to tell, had a nice lunch and made it back without getting sunburned. Score.

Spent that night and a few other nights after that in Hisaranu, Zombie bar is a place to visit, the cocktail waiters are pretty effing good, but beware of the fish that likes to bite... bit of a riddle there for anyone who has visited.

Went to a foam party with Tommy and Ozzy who worked at our hotel. Was one of the best nights, who says you have to speak the same language to get along? The foam actually did ruin my shoes clothes and hair, but it was worth it to watch people falling around. The music was amazingly funny, but i danced all night. I think they put something in the aftershock there because I was on one majorly, and didnt have it in me to sleep all night!!! Though after the god knows how many miles walk to our apartment down some freaky - ass mountain roads in pitch black, i sat on the balcony and chilled for a bit with joey.

Feeling rough

The sound of people being called to pray in the early morning darkness was both haunting and relaxing at the same time, we sat and watched the stars sparkle on the ocean, and listed to the far away calls untill the sun was barely rising, then it was time to sleep.

homeres says:
i got plans to go diving in off australia next summer! fun story
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008
Me and Tommy
Me and Tommy
Tommy and Joey
Tommy and Joey
Where we went diving
Where we went diving
Me and Joey amongst the fishes!
Me and Joey amongst the fishes!
Oludeniz