Dinosaurs and Tuborg beer.

Oludeniz Travel Blog

Pretty

Me and my housemae decided to take an impromptu trip to Turkey, and we both had no money and his mom had just moved there we booked a week all inclusive. Did we make good use of the all inclusive??  Errrrrm no, we were never there..... we did make good use of the free beer though.  The hotel we stayed at was small and famil run, thers nothing worse that staying in a high rise complex along the beach. We chose a small place in the mountains inland from Olu Deniz, just short of the village Hisaranu, there must have been about five people staying there. The hotel was mainly used by locals as somewhere to play chess and eat good food. This suited us just fine as we were right at home there and went out ith the bar staff after they finshed work nearly every night.

For some reason the hotel was decorated like a mini bedrock, there were dinosaurs in the driveway... odd???

First day we did the whole "go to the beach and drink untill we fall asleep" thing, by 10am we were on the second can, and tired enough to catch up on the sleep we had lost. I swear me and Joey must have looked like a couple of ghosts with our bleach white bodies offending everyones eyes as we lay snoring away to the sea. I woke up and half of the stuff was floating around in the shallows as the tide had come in, fairly funny if it doesnt hapen to you... The beach at Olu Deniz is a nature reserve and in low season its one of the most beautiful places, they call it the blue lagoon as its a crystal clear pool sheltered from the world by lush green mountains. The silence is amazing here, and nothing but the crickets and birds can be heard in the late evening. The pebble/rock beach is beautiful, snorkelling is a must as marine life is vast, and as its a circle pool animals sort of gather together here. Halfway across the mini bay there are rafts anchord to the sea bed that you can swim out to, and relax in the sea air... all well and good untill you realise you cant be arsed to swim back ay!

Wheres Fred and Wilma???