Oh Santa Elena de Pital, how I miss you and your roller disco

Costa Rica Travel Blog

Here I am, on the 11th of August. A crappy, overcast day in eastern Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm listening to dancing in the moonlight by thin lizzy and I suddenly realize I miss Costa Rica more than anything right now. I'm stuck at my job, where I work as a barista, with no chance of actually getting any costumers within the next hour or two. Only my thoughts and thin lizzy can occupy this long time. Then I think, if I were in Costa Rica what would I be doing right now? Well by now I would have gotten up at 5:30, eaten a delicious breakfast, had some great, sugary coffee and would have already walked 30 minutes to  get into the center of the community. So it's now seven o'clock, I would then proceed to the clinic in progress where I would have already worked for an hour and 15minutes mixing concrete. Now this probably sounds less appealing than eating a rotten egg sandwhich, but to tell you the truth it's not all that bad. I miss the company and the friends that I made when there. I miss everything. It feels like I was gone for a year, but in acutality it was only two weeks. How could an experience that only lasted that short a time, affect me this much?
kelleb says:
I know how you felt, I felt the same way when I left!
Posted on: Oct 15, 2009