AsiaJapanOsaka

Osaka meet up

Osaka Travel Blog

clemens, chris and jianing
I was thinking of having a meet up in Japan for months. Chris, Ayaka and I wanted to do the meet up but we didn't know how many people will show up or I should say, how many Japanese people are using TB... Probably none except us, I thought, because I knew only two of them and a few others in Japan. Not many Japanese people were using this site. After I got back from NY, I decided to have this meet up as real. I told some Japanese people and others who was coming to Japan at the end of July that we'll have Osaka meet up. Chris and I were kinda betting who's gonna send us back, of coure it was joking. (I forgot that I won, chris! you had to buy me a drink!!! haha)
Seemed like some people are coming to Japan aroud that time and they told me they want to join.
Good good!!

Meet up was on Friday the 25th and I had to work til 3pm. I finished and headed to Nagoya station. Took Kintetsu to Osaka (couldn't afford to take shinkansen lol). Text to Ayaka that I arrived on time and see her soon. I ran to the hotel, changed and went to Hep Five where Ayaka was waiting for me. I found her and we hugged (maybe she didn't want to. haha!! i'm too westernized :P). We had about 30 minutes until rest of them are coming to meet us there. I was thirsty so we went up to Starbucks. Had a bit of chatting. Aww she's a lovely girl!!
I got a phone call from Sky, that she was heading here so I told her I was at starbucks. I met Sky a month ago in Nagoya and I asked her to join this meet up :) She showed up. Before she showed up, my phone was busy, everyone was keep calling me where they were or they were on their way etc.
johan, chris, agi and yasuyo
We went outside so they won't miss us.  We met up with Chris, Jianing, Clemens and his friend Chris. Although they were waiting us inside of Hep. Agi was the only one we had to wait. She doesn't have cell phone so couldn't contact with her. We waited another 5- 10 minutes but she didn't come so we left for a restaurant. Other Japanese folks were already there and waited for us. Well, Agi was already there. haha!
Yasuyo, her daughter and her sister were wearing yukata. Eriko was already there too with her friend and her other friend showed up 10 minutes later.

Now, we are all set except Johan. He called me before that he'll be late. Our first meet up was started with the call of 'KANPAI!!!!' (cheers in japanese, by the way)

I was worried that what if some Japanese are VERY shy and didn't even say a word.
me and eriko
.  HA, that didn't happen! haha. They are all great people.
Chris was the only guy who was so happy for the whole time and made us laughing! Johan came an hour later and joined us.

After dinner, most of them had to leave. All Japanese and Jianing(he had to study/work).
Rest of us went to a bar called HUB. It wasn't busy even it was Friday night. Maybe the one in Shinsaibashi was more crowded, I think.. We stayed there til after 2am.

Our first meet up in Japan went really good :)
We might have another one under cherry blossoms in April. If anyone wanna come, let me know ;)

Thank you all who showed up that night :)

TB Osaka meet up ;
Johan -- Netherland
ys484 says:
Congrats on the feature!
smuffygt says:
Congrats on the feature! It looks like it was such a fun event!
inirr says:
Finally japan's first meet up! Congrats!
chris, agi, yasuyo, ayaka and me
chris, agi, yasuyo, ayaka and me
eriko, rie and sky
eriko, rie and sky
ohh i cant see you, maki!!!
ohh i can't see you, maki!!!
agi and her ram and coke :)
agi and her ram and coke :)
busy eating. haha
busy eating. haha
sky, yasuyo, ayano and me
sky, yasuyo, ayano and me
yasuyo, ayano, hisami (lovely fami…
yasuyo, ayano, hisami (lovely fam…
peace
peace
girls!
girls!
kanpaaaai!
kanpaaaai!
chris and ayano. is ayano happy!? …
chris and ayano. is ayano happy!?…
clemens, jianing and me
at HUB.
at HUB.
Osaka Hotels & Accommodations review
R&B hotel
I wanted to stay somewhere that is pretty cheap and well located. The meet up was held in Umeda, Osaka so I was looking for a hotel in Umeda. There we… read entire review
Osaka