Not the midnight sun but.....................

Byneset Travel Blog

My sisters holiday house

Oh those summer nights.......

I usually don’t leave Norway in summertime.  Why?  I love the Scandinavian summers and the beautiful summer nights.

The one of you who has been visiting my blogs from Norway know that I use my car “Dangerous Red” to transport me around Scandinavia.

“Dangerous Red” is no longer with me, or expressing it in other words, I HAVE BOUGHT A NEW CAR !!! Yuippppeeeeee!!!  And as I was very satisfied with Peugeot and the service they gave me I had to by a new Peugeot.

"Silver Shadow"

The same guy that baptised my old car “Red Dangerous” gave my new car the name “Silver Shadow”.   This time he brought a bottle of “Champagne” showering my new car.  Meaning I had to wash it the day after.  But it`s ok, Bernhard is a nice guy helping me whenever I need a car technician.

I had to ask him why he choosed the name “Silver Shadow”.  I`m not sure I like his reason.   He told me that when I was driving “Dangerous Red” it always seemed as I were in a hurry.  But as I got older (I`m not older…da..n him…….. Ok I drove “Dangerous Red” for 10 years), I seam to have lowered the speed a bit.

He wanted to name my car “Silver Ghost’” but as he is a Rolls Royce fan he could not give my car that name.  That’s why he baptised my car “Silver Shadow”, meaning……… ?  Am I a shadow of my selves I asked him.   Oh no he told me; You are the same nice, beautiful, emphatic, helpful…………. girl as before.   Oh my, he tried to save himselves, but I gave him no mercy.

At the end I had to agree with him, I`m 10 years older, 10 years smarter (?) and 10 years………………?  Times passes when you’re having a nice time.

10.15 PM
  And ok what’s the alternative?

But back to this weekend.

I have just started my summer holidays, the weather is nice and I just want to relaxe.

I drove the 20 km to my oldest sister’s holiday house by the Trondheim fjord.

Arriving her I were served a nice glass of cold beer, and as the temperature was 28 Celsius the beer tasted very good.

The sun is shining, life is good, beer tastes nice and time runs.  As the sun is shining you do not realize the time is late.  But it`s time for bed.

To morrow is a new day, and I`m planning to fill my freezer with Blackcurrant, Redcurrant and Raspberry, so I have to go to bed now.

Red currant

The morning is nice, we had breakfast at 09.00 AM out in the sun.

My sister’s garden is nice and I love sitting in the sun looking at her flowers.  But now I have to go “hunting” for berries.

I found lots of Raspberries, Red currant and Black currant in my sister’s garden.  And as she doesn’t care about the berries, I got lots of them.

Driving home this afternoon I feel very satisfied.

fabienuk says:
I love Norway, went as far north as Bodo and the Lofoten, loved it!!!!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2008
B-Town says:
"I love the Norwegian summer nights."

I'll bet you do Marit, I'll bet you do!
Posted on: Jul 28, 2008
Reflexion of the banner
View of the fjord
View of the fjord
My sisters car and Silver Shadow
My sisters car and "Silver Shadow"
Early morning
Early morning
Breakfast buffet in my sisters hol…
Breakfast buffet in my sisters ho…
Black currant