Here we go again!

Bothwell Travel Blog

This was an unusual start to a holiday - Mark and I had already been away for two nights for my Dad's 60th birthday in Fort William in Scotland. So we were very much trying to unpack from one trip and pack for another in less than 18 hours and try not to forget anything - on top of all that, we were at a Golden Wedding Anniversary party on the 4th July at night so we had very little time to get ready!

Fortunately I took our Bangkok LP guide to Inverlochy and had highlighted the things I wanted us to do and had made a list - where to go, how to get there (mostly on the SkyTrain!) and how much to get in. I think Mark thought I was mad - I'm not normally so organised, but knowing what Bangkok is like, I knew we needed a loose schedule!

My parents picked us up around 0900 for our 1200 flight from Edinburgh to Manchester to begin our trip - this is another reason the start of the holiday was odd, we almost always go from Glasgow Airport, but the Emirates flights we were supposed to take were MUCH more expensive from Glasgow (around £350 - 400 more per person!) so we decided to use the money saved for cheap flights to Manchester and have a bit more spending money.

At last, we were off - crammed very uncomfortably into the back of my Dad's new car - he's bought a Volvo hard-top convertible and needless to say there was a struggle to get the suitcases into the boot! But the fitted in eventually, and we were airport bound!

PS: I'll probably put all the photos online before I write the blog - that way the photos can remind me what we were doing each day!

powderfan says:
Congratulations on a well-deserved feature!
Posted on: Jun 21, 2013
Africancrab says:
Interesting indeed.
Posted on: Mar 11, 2010
Kramerdude says:
Heh, that's what I'm trying to with my Alaska blog and pics. Can't wait to see your stuff on Bangkok as I'm thinking that may be part of my next trip.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2008