Return To The Hill

Paris Travel Blog

After seeing all the sights of Bayeux and breaking the toilet on our Fawlty Towers-esque hostel owner, we jumped on the train to Paris.

Myself, Mike & Alan had decided to head back to Paris and have a night out before catching the train on to somewhere else the next morning. It didnt matter where to as neither of us had any proper plan for the next few weeks. We had each talked about going to Bordeaux and over indulging on some cheap French wine and perhaps a load of cheese and wine! Sounds like fun to me.

I said it before, and I will mostly definitely say it again.... I love Paris. I especially like Montmartre and happily so do my two new friends so we chose to stay at the hostel they had stayed in when they were here last.

Naturally we walked past Sacre Coeur and set about enjoying the view until our stomachs began to rumble. Maybe we should have eaten on the train instead of drinking...

We had some crepes and then  inevitably found our way into a random bar. This turned out to be a great bar. We were simply having a lot of banter and after awhile we suddenly became aware of the fact that we were the only people in the bar aside from the bar staff who by now appeared to be asleep on the bar.

We were about to get up and slip out the door when the barman woke up and brought us over another round. We settled back down so.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was only 7, why did everyone leave when it was so early??

At 8 a.m. we jumped up  with a shock and ran to our hostel to get our bags and run to the train station as our train would be leaving very soon!!!

photo by: Sweetski