A Day Of Waiting

Sao Paulo Travel Blog

It was finally here.... exam results day!!!

I honestly was not dreading these results as much as I thought I would. Today sort of crept up on me. I got up and began to use the hostels computer. Just before I got them, the power went. Classic.

This repeatedly happened over and over again. This began to interest everyone in the hostel and soon I had quite the audience. It was decided that if I passed we would all go out straight to the pub, if not, I would go to the bus station and get on the first bus moving.

5 minutes later I was packed and on my way to the bus station. I had passed all my exams but not by enough to get into the Masters programme that I wanted. I now knew that I only had to wait and hear from my company to see what date they wished me to start working whether it would be this October or the following year.

The bus I was now sitting on with all this running around my head was headed to the spectacular waterfalls of Foz do Iguacu. My train of thought was only interrupted by one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my life boarding the bus. I'm sorry, I'm just a man. To prove that there is a God, she sat beside me. Brazil just gets better the further from Sao Paulo I get.

As it turned out, all the people sitting around us appeared to be related to this girl or at least know her. They took it upon themselves to look after me, feed me and even wrap me in a blanket when I fell asleep. Boy can that girl talk. She started when she sat next to me. Apparently it was an interesting "conversation". I don't speak Portuguese and she didn't speak English, not that it stopped her. In the 16 hours on the bus I do not think she ever stopped, even when I fell asleep!

What an interesting journey!

Sao Paulo