AsiaIndiaKolkata

Sightseeing.....Kolkata.style!

Kolkata Travel Blog

What.a.taxi.ride......

I.whizz.mum.off.on.a.tour.with.a.guide.on.the.first.day........bit.of.sensory.overload!

We.wander.round.different.quarters.and.back.streets.taking.in.all.the.many.sights.and.sounds.on.offer.......Mum.is.overwhelmed.I.think!

A.bit.of.shopping.and.food(think.air.con,shopping.mall!).in.the.evening.brings.her.back.to.normality!

I.have.a.personal.adventure.on.Tuesday.having.to.go.into.town.on.my.own.to.sort.out.the.train.tickets.for.next.week.

First.of.all,whenever.someone.says."yes.this.is.college.street"or."its.that.way".the.likelyhood.is.that.its.the.complete.opposite!Trying.to.get.anywhere.in.Calcutta,as.we.spend.the.week.finding.out,is.hard.work!

After.getting.sent.to.various.different.counters.in.2.different.buildings.I.finally.manage.to.leave.

with.tickets.in.hand.

And.all.of.this.in.the.pouring.rain!

We.visit.the.Indian.Museum(which.hasnt.been.dusted.since.time.began....),Flury's.tea.shop(which.has.the.most.confusing.rota.of.menu's.available.at.different.times)and.Mother.Theresa's.Mission.House.(one.of.the.interesting.walks...."yes,just.around.the.corner".only.to.find.out.that.it.was.closed.for.the.public!).

A.bit.of.beauty.therapy.respite.on.Saturday.before.we.head.out.for.the.night.

Take.mum.to.Shisha.so.she.can.try.out.the.hookah(she.wouldnt.believe.us.that.it.wasnt.drugs!)and.then.on.to.a.club.called.Dublin.where.we.partied.the.night.away......bhangra.stylee!

Sunday.was.a.much.more.manageable.sightseeing.day.to.Victoria.Memorial.

Think.Taj.Mahal.on.a.MUCH.smaller.scale!

The.evening.was.spent.recovering.from.my.first(and.last!)experience.of.munching.on.a.chillie.by.mistake!

Jain.temple