Skiing in Switzerland

Switzerland Travel Blog

Enjoying a Snow Boarding Holiday & True Chalet Experience in Switzerland

Ok, So I have just booked my next Ski Holiday in Switzerland, I am looking forward to it despite the freezing cold temperatures, thinner air etc. I have only been snow boarding and skiing a few times in my life, most were many years ago, but after watching a ski competition on the TV, it got me thinking back to the old days of attempting to ski properly, the pros make it look so easy!.

Anyhow, I had seen the ski competition and thought to myself! Great, I know exactly what my next adventure can consist of, I had flown over from Australia back to the UK, now I am knocking about waiting for tommorow to come, the flight home was tremendously long, I dont think my legs have ever been out of action for so long.

I booked my ski holidays for January, I want to get out early to really get some time in with the snow, bed myself back into the routine of standing up and falling down again, although I must say, I think I will get the nack for it fairly quickly!

We have booked an 8 person ski chalet, which, will accommodate me and a few friends who are probably higher calibre skiiers then myself. If you cant beat them, JOIN THEM. I have made Ski Chalets a link to the website where we booked the chalet and got a good deal, just in case any one else is due to book.

We are out there for 2 weeks which is unusually long, but I intend to do a week of sightseeing after the week skiing trip, I would like it for some suggestions for places to visit? perhaps some ideas for excursions if any are available?

I will be posting some ski photos and lots of other media on my return.

Also, I wonder how much money im going to need, someone said Switzerland is quite expensive????

I'll be back with some pictures from my Australia holiday!