Snow Boxing

Chamonix Travel Blog

Another day on the slopes, another day of learning snowboarding and another day of falling off.  We started off practicing on the lower inclined section of the green slope, again getting better at our front side and back side turns.  We moved up the slope and began doing longer turns and picking up speed.  Found it easier to control the board with a bit more speed and was able to do some slides on the back side edge which helps to stop.  After the lesson was feeling cocky and confident so a few of us went to the top of the run and had a go.  The first section is very steep before it rises again to another peak.  The first bit I came off but the 2nd went quite well all the way to the bottom.

Seeing as we "mastered" it and a few others had been on the blue run the day before we headed off to the next slope.  I was quite nervous so tried to take things really easy and slowly, which meant I found the ground alot.  The run splits off into other areas and I wasn't sure which one so I kept going down following the path of the ski lift - not sure if this was the right idea or not.  There was some very very steep sections and also some narrow and icey parts which meant I spent alot of time on my butt.  At one point I was quite frustrated with falling down at low speeds that I lost concentration and went for it.  Let me say that after I got going I hit a really icey part, attempted to slow down and bit the dirt hard.  It wasn't much later after that when I decided enough was enough, picked up the board and walked the rest of the way (which turned out to be only another couple hundred meters anyway).

Was a tad sore and sorry for myself that night.
Chamonix