Flight back to Dallas

London Travel Blog

The last day is always the worst. And even more so when your flight is at 9am (blame the end of BST) and your parents are urging you to get ready soon and leave! So left the hotel at 6am, kept an entire Onken Biopot with me to eat on the HEX. The original plan was to catch Heathrow Connect but there was no time for me to buy a ticket and catch the train - I hate that there are no self help counters to buy tickets for Heathrow Connect unlike the HEX. Anyway I ended up paying more than double to catch a HEX to Heathrow, and boy, the queue!

Apparently all the AA staff had a staff briefing on Monday morning and they opened the Checkin counters rather late, as a result of which there was a huge huge queue. Thankfully they started prioritising by flight # and called out "those going to Dallas" to raise the hands and check in first. I finished security, and grabbed a croissant and sandwich before boarding the flight. I was the last to board the plane. But I sat next  to a lovely real estate agent and she was good company. That, and good ol' Tetris on the plane!

Flight landed 10 mins early in Dallas, and my colleague came and picked me up, and he dropped me home. And I was HOME! Funnily enough, it didn't even feel like I had gone on a trip. After all, I had gone to London...erm...home again?! I was hungry though and nothing in the fridge. So I went to the desi grocery store neaby, bought some dosa batter and made myself lovely dosas, and plonked myself on the couch to watch the Colts take on the Titans. Aah... monday nights and NFL!

vances says:
Great blog...congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Nov 15, 2008
London Hotels & Accommodations review
Dungeon Horror - run for your lives
There are bad hotels, and then there are bad hotels. And there's this travesty of a hotel located in one of London's finest neighbourhoods. When I boo… read entire review
London