Early morning stopover at Bradford On Avon

Bradford on Avon Travel Blog

Random view of the town

There are 2 kinds of tourists - the tourists that go off the beaten path, and then there are tourists like me - the proud touristy tourists, the Rick Steves tourists, the Frommers tourists. I consume travel books and material (brochures, advertisements, trip reports)  voraciously and go where the Kodak Moments reside. And get my picture taken. So this town was a bit of an odd ball as far as my usual M.O goes.

I heard of Bradford on Avon when one of my very dear friends from New Zealand visited this place, and she mentioned it on her trip report (another travel forum). The thing that caught me about this town is that it seemed so normal that I felt it's worth a visit, especially seeing as it was en route to the day's agenda.

Outside the Information Centre
It was about 20 minutes from Bath and I loved the way down the hill to the city centre. The parking was right across the library, and a quick walk to the city centre. There was this lovely monument outside the city centre (forgot what it was), and we went for a stroll on the city.

I am just constantly stunned by the goodness of people in the UK. My parents and I were just looking around quite cluelessly when 2 old people approached us and asked "can we help you, you look lost". The 3 of us were quite impressed!

Anyway I'm such a tech geek that I was suffering email withdrawl symptoms - I hadn't checked email in over 3 days! So we thankfully found the Internet in the library - right outside where we had parked, and my mum and I spent about 30 minutes on separate terminals checking email and stuff. We left a little before noon - not an extended stay or such but was nice to go to a normal town, without any Kodak Moments agenda in mind.

Outside the Information Centre
Diwali mania even in a small Engli…
Diwali mania even in a small Engl…
Another random shot