Brisk London morning walk and off to Heathrow to pick my parents

London Travel Blog

Covent Garden in the morning - yep, that's it! just me and an old lady!

And so, back in London for a few hours, at least half a day before heading to Heathrow to pick up my mum and dad.

London in the early morning is brilliant - I had to sort out some ATM issues with Bank of America, and had to surf the Internet as well as meet my mate Prashanth who was staying the Earl's Court YHA. Had a quick chocolate croissant, and headed to Covent Garden. As you all know, Covent Garden is my favourite place in London after Earl's Court. And it's beautiful at 8am in the morning before the stores open and the crowds come in. See the picture for proof!

I window shopped at Topman, and left for Heathrow by the Picadilly Line after checking out from the hostel. I reached LHR and caught the bus to take me to the Avis car rental centre. My first time driving a car in the UK... I was nervous! Thankfully I had a GPS with me. My drive to LHR T3 was a bit confusing. I wasn't quite sure which lane to take for the temporary parking, it was quite confusing as a lot of things are written on the road in the UK, and being in the US, I'm used to seeing signs on top / over my head.

Mum and dad came on time, we had lunch @ T3 itself (I had pizza and they had veg wraps), and we left for Bath around 4pm. The driving wasn't really that difficult as I was driving on a motorway with 4-5 lanes, it felt like driving in the US except that we were on the other side of the road. The drive to Bath was fairly pleasant, and we reached around 630pm to the B&B we were staying at - "Villa Claudia" which was right outside the city centre. The couple looked fairly friendly, although they were a bit confused and surprised to see us as they didn't know they had a reservation! They ushered us in - gave us tea and biscuits as the Mr. was readying the room. Old Italian husband wife, they just celebrated the wedding of their daughter Claudia in Italy, who stays with them and works as a waiter in a nearby Italian rsnt. They have a cat Aeros.

My dad was tired and went to bed after they made it. It was a nice room - a 3 bed room right at the very very top of the house, complete with a bathroom that looked very Las Vegas. Very nicely made, we felt pampered. My dad slept, whilst my mum and I went for dinner to The Rajpoot. Not sure if it was Bangladeshi or Indian, but the food was really good. The rsnt is based in the basement, as in you go down 2 long flights of stairs but the food was exquisite.

We headed back after picking up some yogurt and bananas for my dad. We reached around 930pm, dad didn't want to eat and so we all went to bed. My poor parents were obviously jetlagged and I could see them fall flat within minutes. But I wasn't so jetlagged, I just kept seeing my pictures on my camera and went to bed around midnight.

Covent Garden in the morning - yep…
Covent Garden in the morning - ye…
London