Sail from Charleston to Beaufort

Charleston Travel Blog

I am safe and sound after a 55.4 mile sail to Beaufort, SC yesterday. It was a lonely trip. I had time to think about a lot of things like world economics, if a medium drink is the smallest drink that a fast food place has isn’t it a small by reason of default, and why don’t sheep shrink in the rain.

I left Charleston at 5:30am and arrived at 18:30, to anchor about 4 miles from the marina. Once securely anchored I cooked a good dinner for one, took a shower out on the deck in front of everybody and watched the dolphins play and a beautiful sunset. Their wasn’t a soul around as far as I could see. I tried talking to god but I think I got his voice mail. Maybe he’ll call back when he’s not too busy. The hardest part of leaving Charleston was to wake up a half naked girl and ask her to get dressed so I could leave. She replied by saying" If I get up you'll leave".

The trip started in the dark because I had to make the Wappoo draw bridge before 6:30am, if not it would be 9am before I could get out of town. Things went smooth with no problems to talk about. Beaufort looks pretty nice. I am at the Downtown Marina which is on the “river walk” and walking distance to all the bars and cafes.