Boating Down the Seine

Seine River Travel Blog

Our sightseeing vessel.

After flying all night (and who could possible sleep knowing you're going to Paris) and then spending the morning exploring and climbing the Arc de Triomphe, a boat ride sounded like the perfect way to relax!  A quick metro ride and we emerged close to the Eiffel Tower.  Keep walking, we will get to see it later, Sevy reminded us.

The boat ride was peaceful, the sun was warm, and my wife kept poking me cause I was drifting off to sleep.  I tried to convince her I was awake the whole time, but I don't think she bought it.  I managed to take some of my favorite pictures from the entire trip.  I just happened to look in the right direction at the right time to get the Eiffel Tower centered between the golden horses.
Notre Dame from the rear.
  (sorry, I must have been napping when our boat guide mentioned them).  I also got a pretty good picture of the back side of Notre Dame.  The cathedral sits on an island in the middle of the river.

The young lady who was the guide on our boat was knowledgeable and had a pleasant personality, but what impressed me was when she pointed out something of interest, she spoke in English, then French, then Italian, and finally Spanish!  My wife, the English major, shakes her head at how I butcher English, my native tongue.

After an hour or so the ride was over ...... now it's time to wake up all the middle-schoolers and find some lunch!
Notre Dame from the rear.
Its France, theres supposed to b…
It's France, there's supposed to …
One of my favorite shots.
One of my favorite shots.
Bridges and buildings.