Waar ben jij? Aan Schipol wachten!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

July 22

Here we are, landing in Amsterdam in early morning. We arrived some times after 6am and again there was nothing more to do for me than to go check-in for my next flight, obtain my boarding pass and then find my gate. I tried to see if I had accessed to the Internet here, but again as in Detroit it revealed mission impossible as you needed to pay and the tariff is horribly extortionate! 8 Euros per hour! Why does such establishment allow crook companies to tarnish their images.

Another dumb thing that I noticed was the security check at the gate itself, so every gate to access a plane had a screening process. When you realise that behind you there is all the Duty-Free shop (looking alike a shopping mall actually) so you end up buying perfume or simply a drink at the many snacks just to have it confiscated before you board the plane. That is crazy non-sense. I met with Colin randomly and we went to sit down in the meantime.

We ended up crossing that screening and board the plane as last, the flight was going to be long again and it was about 10.30am (despite that was the hour the flight was due to depart).
photo by: pearcetoyou