Home... I need some rest

Quebec City Travel Blog

Ahh the arrival home after another long time abroad,

In the middle of winter, the most strange thing was to be welcome by a snow storm at the airport, I had booked the front seat of the tiny canadair bringing me back from Detroit to Quebec city. As usual the flight was slightly delayed, but it made I made it home that late night.  The first moment the stewardess opened the door, I was welcomed by a rough blizzard wind and poudrerie as we call it here, I immediately got a grin on my face despite the exhaustion of having been on the air for about 30h.

How long ago was it again since I saw a canadian winter 3-4 years? Well now I will have the chance to enjoy it in a holiday like stay.  The stewardess asked me some questions as she probably noticed I was eager to look outside, I got a sincere welcome in the snow after I told I had been in Africa for the past months.

We landed quickly and I made it fast to get to the customs as I noticed a sunbound charter flight was landing at the same time as we did, luckily I made it nearly first to the control and just had to get my bags,... get it scanned for awkward material (luckily it went quick) and met with my father and brother who were waiting for me with a winter jacket. A short drive in the snow to Lac-Sergent was a little rough as it was a real blizzard, but the thought that came back to my mind is how usual that weather is in this part of the world, after all, it was still business as usual at the airport.

Once I was home I immediately started unpacking eager to get all the stuff I brought out and in sight, it was already past midnight so, I eventually went to snooze in some extremely comfy and fluffy bed, while the snow and wind was gently hitting the window.

... I was home

The follow days would remain rather that quiet, getting accustomed again to the food, the tv... One thing for sure was that I digged Chocolate milk, cheese and Ice cream... and obviously got pancakes and maple syrup. And took some break of spaghetti and pizza for a while.

I had a short week home but had to finalise some of my work duty, reports and analysis. By the 6th, I had to get a train booked to go to Montreal for a week of debriefing. I sent my paper but also started looking about when I would get to meet Megan again, I eventually already booked my plane ticket to Kansas City, I will be flying again.

Quebec City