Road Trip in Virginia & West Virginia

West Virginia Travel Blog

As usual, my blogs consist of mostly photos. What better way to expierence a place than to see it. Most of these pics are in West Virginia, but a few are in Virginia. I started out in my hometown of Norfolk, VA headed north to Berkley Springs, WV to the park there for a soak in the roman bath (warm mineral water) and a massage. From there I headed West to Moorefield where I spent the night at a cozy little motel, the Evans Motel, 508 North Main St. Moorefield, WV 26836, PHONE # 304-539-7771. The next morning I was off to Seneca Rocks. The highlight of my adventure, a horse back ride to the top thanks to Yokums Stables, HC 62 Box 17A Upper Tract, WV 26866.

Well folks, this will have to be continued later as theres a storm rolling in. We had some lightning damage last year, so I am turning the computer off. I want to keep it!

Finally, back on to possibly finish this up. From Seneca Rocks, i visited my friends, Laurie, Taylor & Chris in Harrisonburg, VA. Then I went onward to Berkley, WVA where I spent the night at the Wellspring Inn & Suites (see my review). The next morning I headed to the New River Bridge and Hawks Nest State Park. After enjoying the park complete with a jet boat ride, I hit the road, home to Norfolk. The trip winded down by my catching a view of a rainbow over Richmond, VA.

I plan to head back to the New River Bridge for Bridge Day in October. Just google bridge day 2008 and it should pop up. It promises to be a great time!

homeres says:
hmm ive never gone to Bridge Day either!
Posted on: Aug 03, 2008
missandrea81 says:
Hope you're having fun on your road trip!!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2008