Leaving Madrid, Leaving Spain

Madrid Travel Blog

Plane to Paris

We got up, had breakfast and checked out of our hostel. I was pissed off with my nights lack of sleep and not looking forward to travelling to Paris. I soon perked  up a bit though. We were on our way to Paris today, where we'd spend 3 nights celebrating Loris birthday and Bastille day, and then I was travelling down into Burgundy, to see relatives. It was good bye to Spain.

These 10 days were the best time of travelling I've had this year. I don't know what was the influencing factor, the great people I travelled with, the great people I met, the hospitality of both Spain and Portugal, I'm not sure. But I was sad to be leaving. It felt like the end, but there was still another 10 days of travel to go before heading back to the UK. So we got out flight to Paris, to continue the fun, drink more and have a damn good time, all swearing that we'd be back in Spain one day.

To the Madrid crew - we had a pretty good time, hope to see yas all again one day!!!

To Lauro, Ben, Alex, Pablo, Lori & Rubz - It was great to have travelled with you/met you! I had the best time and owe a lot of that to you guys. We did pretty well, navigating, beaching and drinking our way through Portugal and Spain. Nothing really ever went wrong, and whenever we felt something was going bad, we got lucky and found treasures like Sines. Cheers Lauro - for organising the entire trip, and to Pablo who let us stay with his family. It makes a holiday more special when you can meet and try to live/converse with local people. Your hometown is beautiful - we're all in love with it!

lauro says:
just finished re reading everything.

thank you for the company, the trust, the sharing of adventures, everything - youre the coolest aussie ive ever met!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2008
lauro says:
thank you for coming hannah. it was AWESOME!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2008
Bondy2007 says:
'I was pissed off with my nights lack of sleep'...my fault? :p
Posted on: Aug 02, 2008