Another long day.

Madrid Travel Blog

Pablo, with his mother and father.

We could sleep in, as we weren't catching out bus til 1pm. Still, we got up, showered, packed, had breakfast and said our goodbyes to Pablo and his family. We presented them with flowers and the gift we'd bought them in Lisbon. We walked into the town to get some food for the bus trip, some postcards from the area and by this time I really needed some iron pills. I felt so drained and was having trouble even stringing my sentences together. And no I wasn't hungover, trust me - I know the difference!! Eventually I somehow communicated to the pharmiscist what I was after and got my pills, taking two. Hopefully it'd pep me up a bit by the time we go to Madrid.

Pablo and his father took us to the station at Ferrol where we boarded our bus and tried to get comfortable for the long journey ahead.

Pepped up on the ride home.. Alex don't look to happy.. hehehe.
I felt like crap and was sulking for the first hour. Don't know what happened, maybe it was the spike of iron and therefore oxygen in my blood but I went a little silly, talking Alex's ear off, cracking up at everything, it was pretty fun. It made the trip go pretty fast, all the while Alex shaking his head at me and rolling his eyes at my 'tape recorder' moments (the times where he thought I should hear myself and the nonsense I was dribbling). It was a long trip, which included driving past a dead cat and a car accident where the car had flipped. Apart from that, I like to think I was the mad entertainment!

Eventually we got to Madrid and caught the Metro to Tribunal which was the stop near our hostel. We had 3 days in Madrid, before we would leave Spain for Paris. Estephanie, another TB here for the meet-up, met us as we clambered out of the metro station, hungry and exhausted.

Poor Lauro trying to snooze..
My insanity had worn off by then and I felt like crap again. She showed us to where we were all staying at Pop Hostel. When we got in and were lining up to check in I finally met Kat - a fellow aussie and from Perth, and who was behind her?? Bondy!! Didn't think he was arriving til the following day but there he was. Apparently Dave had already arrived aswell. There was quite a crew of us!!

After checking in and sussing out our rooms we went for a walk around the area in search of food. Some of the boys went hunting for a KFC as that was what they were craving! Haha, by the time they'd found it, it was closed! We all piled into some fast food joint which did nothing vegetarian. By this stage I was tired, felt sick to the point I just wanted to cry. So I nibbled on some tasteless chips and decided to head back to the hostel.

In the hostel
My own fault really for not taking my pills in so long, and it had finally all caught up with me. So I went back to the hostel room to crash, but was joined shortly by Alex, Lauro and Ben. We hung around chatting for a bit examinig the bunk beds that looked dangerous and likely to crash even someone rolled over in their sleep. Not good for me being on the top bunk, definitely not good for Lori being on teh bottom!! I soon told them to bugger off as I was going to sleep. For a dodgey bed though, I got to sleep pretty easily.

Pablo, with his mother and father.
Pepped up on the ride home.. Alex …
Pepped up on the ride home.. Alex…
In the hostel
The girls with their breaky!
The girls with their breaky!
Ruby - caught snoozing :)
Ruby - caught snoozing :)
Me, ready for bed!