Osoyoos Travel Blog

During the night we dried our tents in our hotel room and we woke up at 6am in the morning because of the noise the trucks made, while they climbed the hill. Horrible, I can not recommend to use that Motel if you need your sleep.

We left that hotel and drove further to Osoyoos, a pretty small village, placed between to lakes and some pretty nice hills. We planned to stay in that village over the night, but every room we asked costs more than 120CAD plus tax. That's horrible.

So we decided to eat something and then leave that village and search for a cheaper hotel anywhere else on our trip to Vancouver. Surprise, Surprise!! We found that Restaurant called “Lady on the lake – Bar & Grill”. My friend first started with a fisch-soup, then a tomato salad and as main dish shrimps and fish tagliatelle.

Me myself, I had also a tomato salad, then as main dish a New York style Steak and as desert a hot peach with vanilla ice. We both never had such a tasty meal in Canada and as add-on we had the most friendly waitress I have ever met in Canada. If you ever visit Osoyoos, don't miss to go to that restaurant, it's worth every dollar you spend.

After that meal we get in our car and started a horrible hotel search (because there was a Ironman event in a city and therefore no hotel room available in a Radius of 50km and in addition it was not possible to leave that city, because of a typical Canadian behave different “1 hour road closure” for street work. And there was only one road out of this city in direction north.

After searching and waiting for hours, we at the end reached Kelowna at 10pm. The third hotel in this city had a room for us, for 150CAD plus taxes. We should have taken the very first hotel in Osoyoos for only 120CAD ;-)

But I think it's clear now, we will visit Vancouver and Vancouver Island and then leave Canada asap. Don't missunderstand me, Canada is a very beautiful country, with fantastic hiking trips and breathtaking views, but the prices are absolutely stupid.

Best restaurant in Canada