My Spain

Barcelona Travel Blog

bus-mate
This is probably my fave country... and the reason for that is: there is no winter at all, and the so called 'winter' in Spain seems more like spring:)) Sure there are other reasons as well, like sea everywhere and mountains everywhere;)
42 hours on a bus.

REMEMBER: dont go by bus if it's not just a short  way, but NEVER go by bus to warm regions!
Me and my friends wanted to visit Spain. The cheapest way was a bus. As we got in i saw an empty place by my side - and i sai: F&^**$%!!! it's emtpy! It's for sure for an mega-huge-obese 68 years old lady who's about to get in at the next stop and i will be pressed by her huge body for the next hrs! At the next stop my side-seat was still empty and the same at the next and next stop. Then i was sure - a Jaba will sit with me! The last stop on the polish section of the bus route and.
Diego in Diego;)
.. SURPRISE - e mega-nice young lady sat with me. We met there again in Spain, as we were staying in the same town in Costa Brava. Her pic is here;)
EspaƄa del Sur
Another Spain trip. The sothern part. We were moving every 2-3 days to a new place. Visiting Malaga, Ronda, Gibraltar, Tarifa, Jerez, Cadiz, Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Mojacar, Lorca and other nice places, resting at the beach or hiking in the mountains, drinking the local wine or trying food or going to the party at the beach. Last week we spent in Lorca/Alocante/Aguilas. Our flat was near a station called 'Lorca San Diego'. My nickname was Diego - but not after maradona, but after Zorro - u should know that movie. Zorro was his fake name - the real one was Diego de la Vega. ;)
New european family - two real kids, two fake mums, two dads, and only one was real;)
I was with two friends in Costa Brava.
we are family;)
We had a tent. Next to our tent there was another polish father with his two sons on vacation. (Well, there were some other Poles at the same camping as well - we made kinda polish camp by building tents next to each other;)
We went good along. We often had breakfast coffe or dinners together (once we even cookced there at the camping!) or went to the beach. The boys were like 7 and 8 years i guess. They were very funny so we adopted them from time to time. Mostly when going to the pool or to the beach. I played the father and my friends played two mums ;) What the biological father did in that time? Well... im not sure, but i didnt care anyway. We had a blast! He pprobably too;)
New clothes
We were bored of a beach one day. And for next all-day-trip we were too exhausted after a Barcelona trip from the previous day.
it's a cool top!;)
So we started to goofy, getting silly or just making stupid things in the camping. One of the silly things was: we were trying our girls' clothes. And they were trying ours. But as u can immagine ours were much too large so the girls looked more like scraffy and theirs were much to tiny, so we looked like - well u know it;) By the way i must say, that i was looking pretty good in red/purple ;) although the top you can see at this picture here was kinda 'short'. Or it was ok? Im not used to show my stomach to people on the street. Maybe i should? Anyway... it was funny.
Dutch party
It was the first night, we were traveling for years (or it seemed only so?) and we were just tired. Had long walk along the beach, visited the old town and had dinner.
kids
Then we were about to rest few hours - hoping for a peaceful night... no way!
This was thursday, and on that day dutch people used to have always party at the pool it was otherwise no problem if our tent ware not next to the pool:// It was pretty noise, but... that was no bad, we thought, ok, when there is no hope for sleep and there is a huge party almost in our tent, then let's have some fun! We were ready for that! Unfortunately it was not just like: tonns of people, pool, hot wheather, wind from the sea and good music... it was all sort of crap dutch music, which i could compare only to that crap, my mum is usually listening to. Horrible! we were still hoping - that they will mix different types of music, but after 2 hours we lost any hope for that. It was the worst night ever. In the morning we went to the beach Exhaused and ear-raped. ;) and rested there half of the day, just sleeping and chilling in the cool water or pretending to play in the wet sand.

Palm climbing
Some hundred years earlier - when i came for the first time to Spain - it was in winter [end of december - beginning of january] - to spend New Years Eve in Barcelona. I was with some friends enjoying the nice sun. We came from cold at that time Poland - running away from snow and other winter-like horrible things;). It was awesome (even ASTIG!) to walk without coats and gloves and huts in december! We had such a blast there, and were happy of the palms on the streets. I made there my first palm climbing - but i didnt manage to the top of the tree  hahaha... unfortunately. For another story of the same trip you can read here.
Sombrero
We all bring some stuff from our travels, and it's usually something that is concerning as a symbol of the place we were.
an un-spanish sombrero in Spain;)
.. usually. I was spending a week in Barcelona but i didn't buy a post card with Sagrada Familia on, or a T-shirt with some buildings of Gaudi. I brought a real southamerican sombrero (real is maybe wrong word, i should better have written 'fake' instead;)
I don't give a s****. It looked so nice and was THAT large, that i just had to buy it when i saw it. Then i had some problems by taking it to Poland, coz there are usually not that large buses and trains to put it just on the shelf hahaha ... nevertheless i managed it and the sombrero arrived in Poland in one piece;P
jegs76 says:
thx ;)
sylviandavid says:
Fun blog.... Sylvia
jegs76 says:
u were online that late?? managed something?
its a cool top!;)