Moving to a new City

Manchester Travel Blog

Well, after promising for at least 6 months, I moved back up to Manchester.  This is such a cool city.  It's so big and has so much to do that you can't fail to have a good time here.  I know the city really well from my University years, but when you're a working man, it's a different life.  I'm looking forward to giving this another go from a different perspective.

I've accepted a job in the High Peak, so I have quite a commute from where I live; but it's such a relaxed and scenic area, it's worth it.  I now have an easy time at work and come home to city life in the evenings, kind of like a work soft and play hard lifestyle.  I think that'll suit me rather well all in all.

Although these photos are not of Manchester, they are of the surround Peak District which is certainly worth a visit.  It is frequently visited by weekend campers and daytrippers.  There is a lot of scenic walks and trails to participate in, but if you are more into your sports, mountain biking, climbing, absailing and several other adventure sports are easily found.

It's very fair to say I love it here.
Our local residents
Our local residents
In the far distance is Greater Man…
In the far distance is Greater Ma…
Manchester Sights & Attractions review
The National Football Museum
Located in the brand new Urbis building, with its stylish exterior, is the National Football Museum. Spread across three floors, where better in the … read entire review
Manchester Sights & Attractions review
The Theatre of Dreams - Arrogant Utd fans self-named Stadium
This is one of the attractions Manchester is famed for. The now 76,000 all-seaer stadium is the biggest in the U(apart from the New Wembley) and is al… read entire review
Manchester