A Last Look At The Think Tank Before Banbury

Banbury Travel Blog

For our second day, we really wanted to see the Christ Church grounds, and in particular the dining hall (for obvious Harry Potter themed reasons), though with a later start time, we chose to see the famed Einstein blackboard first, at the science museum.  The museum was reasonably well stocked, but we quickly moved from high to low, and found the showpiece blackboard.  It was a reasonably speedy visit in fairness, but a cheap and worthy one.

We relaxed over cakes and coffee for a little while after, and had a speedy loop of the castle (which we chose not to see since in a was largely present-esque wrapped in scaffold), before making our way to the arguably the city’s most famous building.  We were so disappointed to find out the great hall was closed for restoration, and though the rest of the grounds were open, we decided it didn’t warrant the price tag.

It was such a shame, but from a positive point of view, it gave us an almost unnecessary reason to return to the city in the future.  I say unnecessary, simply because it is so beautiful, you can fill several day trips, wandering the plentiful colleges and university grounds, and not get bored.   It is just that beautiful as a city.

Sadly, and rather reluctantly, we returned to the car, and had a final stop in the nearby Banbury.  This was another small, market town, that had a few points worth some time, but in truth, it was little more than a short stop off before driving home in the disappointing rush hour traffic, which took significantly longer than planned.  The flip side of arriving home late, did mean a meal out though, and we did discover a fantastic little charm very local to us, which I’m certain would be a parent’s delight, and I promised myself I would organise a big family meal out in the near future.

photo by: matthew