A Hidden Gem

Hertford Travel Blog

And so, without the double vision of a hang over, I was able to get out of bed, and drive back into town for a little walk aound the beautifully small and quaint city.  It is stunning; it is uber expensive to live in, but it is a really wonderful place to live (if you can afford it) or visit.  I very gladly wandered around the streets, and enjoyed a couple of tea and coffee breaks to spend the bulk of my day.

When satisfied I\'d pretty much seen all of Hertford, I set back off up the A1 for home.  I broke the journey up with a short stop in Sandy, but I found it largely overrated.  It is famed for the surrounding hills, but realistically, there wasn\'t much to see.  I didn\'t even give it my time for photographs from the hills, though the cottages were much nicer to see.  To be honest, I was glad I didn\'t need to stay longer, and was quite eager to get back home, so I jumped back into the car and did just that.

matthew says:
It's a beautiful small city. My friend just moved there, and the McMullen beer is brewed there, so he wanted everyone to do the McMullen ale trail. I didn't get there until quite late, but planned on seeing the place anyway. If you like walking or bike riding, the surrounding countryside is worth some time, and the city is certainly worth a couple of hours. We rented a lodge for £60 on a Saturday, and it was really nice, and just 15 mins away.
Posted on: May 12, 2014
sarahelaine says:
I had no idea that Hartford was nice! I think I've driven round the outside a few times when the M25 has been blocked but never been in :)
Posted on: May 11, 2014