Edale, Jacob's Ladder, Kinder Scout

Edale Travel Blog

Bank Holiday weekends are too few and so precious, I really should spend more like this one.  A group of friends had arranged a little weekend trip to go for a walk, have a few beers in a country pub, and later watch the Joshua versus Klitchko fight; it turned out more or less exactly as planned.  My friend, Bert, drove myself and another friend, Adam, to Edale, where we met up with Ben, another friend from our school days.  Ben had brought his dog with him, so as a happy quintet we set about climbing Jacob's Ladder to the top of Kinder Scout.  It was a decent day, not too hot, not too cold, and fine for a walk.  It took us just a couple of hours to reach the ridge, and then it was back down to one of the local little pubs for a really tastey pub dinner and a few beers.  A complete lovely day.

For the evening, we met back up in Nottingham to watch the fight live in a bar, and was not disappointed with the entertainment.  What a fight that was!  We had a couple of final drinks at another bar, and called it quits on a day really well spent.

Edale