A Boxing Weekend

Hitchin Travel Blog

I had a rare, free weekend, and out of the blue, my good friend, Bondy, got in touch with a wedding invite!  Well that was good news, and got us talking briefly.  That conversation ended with me jumping in the car a few days later, for a boys weekend in front of the television to watch the 5am fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao.  I thought we were being a tad optimistic for the 5am scheduled start time with the amount of drinks we had, plus a stop off at the local bar!

As it happened, I lasted the couple of games of poker reasonably well, but did sneak a cheeky few winks after the game, pre-fight.  Fortunately, Bondy didn't, and he stayed awake all the time, to ensure we would be watching the fight.  As it happened, I woke up in time, but think I passed out briefly at around round eight (the flight was a masterclass in Mayweather's technical class, but it never makes the best show for those who wish to see the big punches thrown and landed).  It was entertaining none-the-less, but Bondy clearly couldn't resist taking the pass out photo of three fellas on the couch, and the cat!

photo by: schner