A Beautiful Small City

Hertford Travel Blog

It's a hidden gem.  This little city just outside of the M25 is stunning.  I had this particular weekend planned for a while to catch up with a lot of friends, and with a little lodge booked, just outside of town, via the beautiful backroads, I really enjoyed my short visit.  Granted, due to circumstances at work, I was far later than I exected to be (it was supposed to be my day off..... ), but when I met up with Tim (my friend from university), it wasn't a huge amount of time longer before we were tucking into catch up beers, and meeting up with the others.  That was basically how the evening progressed.

Unfortunately, due to my very late start (I was 6 hours later than we had planned, but I 100% have work to blame for once), most of the group were at least slightly inebriated when I met them (they had been doing the real ale trail for the locally brewed McMullen Ales), so it was never going to last too long.  We drank a couple of quick catch up beers, and moved on to a couple more bars, before grabbing a curry for the evening.  At least I would be reasonable fresh for the following day to see the place at least a tad less glazed.

photo by: matthew