10 things to know about Samos
Samos Travel Blog› entry 43 of 69 › view all entries
1. Very Beautiful Island
2. No campsites
3. You can camp anywhere on the island for FREE!
4. You cannot catch a ferry from here to turkey with a motorbike (OOPS!)
5. I am pretty sure you could swim to turkey (as it is is just there! I can smell it)
6. You can catch a Car ferry to Chios and then turkey
7. Home of Pythagoros (thanks Joan)
8. Both Sandy and Pebbly beaches
9. Windsurfing is the locals pastime
10. Seems like most people only come here to go to turkey but it is worth staying awhile
Amy and I are both well. Eva is also well but could do with a wash as she is slowly getting covered in sand and salt. Wash coming up once we get off the coast.
We have taken a few more ferries than expected to get to Turkey and seen a few more Islands.
Paros, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Samos, and Chios to come. All have been slightly different with there own to offer. Australians seem to be very welcomed in all. We were offered free wine in Naxos and told to come back for free coffee tomorrow, just for being Australian. Thanks Gregory, Dolphin Restaurant). Each island seems to also push its local delicacies but the highlight, Naxos - Deep Fried local hard cheese (with fresh lemon juice, Similiar to Halloumi.) Amy has had guzmptine million greek salads, Chris has had guzmptine million gyros.
Ciao Ciao for now
Amy and Chris