Drive to Agersø

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Almost to the ferry!
We have not had the best summer, weather and health. But now we are ready for a small adventure! I proposed that we visit a small island, where we can explore and ride our bikes about! We have discovered that the summer weather is coming back this weekend so we absolutely must get out and  soak up the rays!  We will be renting a small camping trailer at the local campgrounds on Agersø.

We were both able to take Friday off which means a early start to our Journey!  We loaded the car with bikes and our beach gear! The day was already scorching and the incandescent blue sky luring us to depart!  We will drive about 1 hour west across Sjælland, neighboring the town of Skælskør. The drive was speedy and suddenly we were at our ferry port on the outskirts of Skælskør.
Packed car
Luckily we did not have to wait very long, the ferry was loading when we approached.  I was able to take a few photos of the ferry rapidly before hopping in the car again and load.  The ferry is about 200kr. for a roundtrip ticket, not too bad according to Danish prices!

Now the car is parked, we jump out and begin to take in the fresh ocean air and wave farvel to Sjælland.  I am very excited about setting sail and vacating from the main island!  Of course it is difficult acknowledging that we actually live on an island since it's size is vast.  I am very exhilarated to feel the essence of island life and to encounter summer spirits!

The ferry ride took only 15 minutes and you can still see Sjælland but I can perceive the scaled down size of Agersø!  From the ferry I was able to survey the horizon, north to south, and see tip to tip of the island.  The harbor was littered with activity, sailboats, people, dogs, small stores, local houses in the background and the wind blew viciously!

I have been waiting for this moment, a true feel of an island!  As soon as we drove off the ferry a sensation of bliss sprang thur my veins!

Ferry over to Agersø