Day 13: Melbourne

Melbourne Travel Blog

After waking up bright and early this morning... I made it to Melbourne by early afternoon and was able to find a hotel fairly easily.  I checked into a hotel which is literally stumbling distance from Melbourne Park (the site of the Australian Open)... so life is good.  After spending the last 12 days traveling alone... it's nice to actually be in a town where I know someone.  I managed to track down Claire and she was gracious enough to offer me a tour of this fine city (poor girl didn't know what she was getting into).  It was really nice to be able to turn the brain off for a while and let someone else lead me around to all the sites/bars.  After a mini-tour of the city... we ended up in South Melbourne (I think it was South Melbourne... like I said, the brain was off and I was a bit turned around at this point) and grabbed a bite to eat at The Stoke House.  Following dinner... I got the pub tour of Melbourne, which basically consisted of only one pub... The Vineyard.  We hung out at the Vineyard, drank "Little Creatures" beer and talked about going to other bars... but ultimately we ended up shooting the shit until the wee hours of the AM and not making it anywhere else.
photo by: jendara