Port Douglas- Day 6. Snorkelling

Port Douglas Travel Blog

Well, the last Day in PD. Had a few things to do that involved getting from A to B, so invested in another bike hire. Had a swim off 4 mile beach  and a bite to eat and then did a few necessaries.

Had decided on a quiet day but had a hankering to visit the reef again, so set off to see if there was some outfit who would get me there and back without it taking too long. Found Reef Sprinter. 20 mins there, 20 back and 90 mins snorkeling on the reef. Just what I needed, so booked a trip for the pm journey.

Well, it was amazing. They also hired underwater camaras, so invested, and snapped away on the snorkel. Just the 140 pics. THe boat was well named and despite the warning that the front of the boat was likely to be 'lively' opted to sit there. Spine now shorter still!

Retuned to base, packed most of my stuff and cycled to town for a beer and eats. Beer at the Centrl Hotel as usual and a meal at some Pizza place. I guess it's only at times like this that solo travelling is a bit disappointing. No one to natter to whilst you dine and people watching can get a little tiresone. However, food soon consumed and had a can or two of G&T to polish off back at No 23A.

Nite nite.

marinabelle says:
I agree that apres dive talks are exciting and rewarding to share - I think at this point you must have been missing your daughter very much - and the diet of Pizza would have had the old Rennies out I can tell you!!! hic.. mind you the G & T's sound good x
Posted on: Aug 22, 2008