Golf and...

Adelaide Travel Blog

Well, today was my first game of golf outside of the UK at Barossa Valley Golf Club with Mick and 2 other blokes, one of whom was kind enough to lend me a set of clubs.

It was a tad drizzly to start, but nothing serious. Bro had told me the greens were quite quick, but quick to me meant my local course version of quick. These were seriously speedy.

It rained sharply for a couple of holes and I couldn't help thinking that my regular partners would have been making sarcastic remarks about me packing in, given my indifference to wet golfing. Playing with someone else's clubs is always tricky, even for a hack like me, but the course was pretty enough until the 14th. I'm sure it was still pretty but it was tricky to see through the sheets of rain and hail! Yep, the boys wouldn't  believe I was playing in this, but we'd entered a comp, so there we are. (17 points, if your're interested!)

The course was delightful. Sort of links like soil, but miles inland. And it drains well.. needs to!

After golf, it was a beer, and back to Mick's for a warm up and hot shower, after a spot of theraputic weeding in the garden.Bev wasn't feeling too well, so Mick and I took ourselves off to the local Pizza place. Not for the last time, I suspect.

Home, wine, bed!