Adelaide Oval

Adelaide Travel Blog

Sir Don Bradman

Today's main item on the itinerary was a tour of the Adelaide Oval. I like tours of sports grounds- seeing behind the scenes, getting the history, seeing the trophies and honours boards. The Adelaide Oval had always seemed a pretty ground when seen on t'telly as well.

At 10.00 sharp the tour set off with Bob as our tour guide. Well, the ground is every bit as picturesesque as it seemed on the TV, Bob was a wondeful guide. A very knowledgeable and gently chap with a nice turn of phrase. I liked his style of delivery a lot.

I learned much about the history of the place, much of which I'll probably forget soon, but it was a very relaxing 2 hours. Got to stand on the pitch, though it was full of those Aussie Rules types- wrong season for cricket down here- and we had to wait for a break in their routine. Didn't look the sort or types to be ordered around to me!

After that we retired to a local pub for a spot of lunch and managed to find snack sized portions, amazingly for this country. They were washed down with a beer or two, before we retired back for a spot of weeding for me and bro taking his bike for a ride.

Back to the Pizza place for tea.. and wine!

marinabelle says:
Posted on: Aug 22, 2008
Sir Don Bradman
What is unusual about this photogr…
What is unusual about this photog…
photo by: shirlan