Punta Abreojos Travel Blog

Punta Abreojos

Left Bahia Asenscion pretty early to head to this surfing spot we had read about in one of the surfing books we had with us. It was a sweet little spot. Good surfing, good food, a nice clean camp area and other interesting travelers to chat with.

So we did some surfing I am actually getting better. I was fianlly able to get up for the first time. Then after that it seemed really, really easy. The waves at this beach were much more manageable for me. I didn't feel like the ocean was out to get me. It was very nice surf for a beginner. I can't wait to go again.

I had recently noticed a lot of Italian travelers & found out something I didn't know. That Italians get the whole month of August off for vacation... very nice. We also ran into some guys from California who had come to Punta Abreojos solely to wind surf. They actually flew in on small planes for the weekend.

I spent some time here working on some editing & getting my footage organized. As well as doing some shooting. I even had a chance to do some jogging on the beach. While we were on the beach Kyle found the head of the biggest lobster I had ever seen. This thing was huge. I wonder what the whole thing must have looked like when it was alive. Amazing.
photo by: Dave