Guerrero Negro

Guerrero Negro Travel Blog

Guerro Negro & Bahia Asuncion

Made a quick stop in Guerro Negro to eat & run some errands that we couldn't do in some of the smaller towns we had been in. Then we were off to Bahia Asuncion to the fishing tournament that Kyle's friends from Celito Lindo had told us about. We had been told by several people that the locals in Bahia Asuncion were among some of the nicest people you could ever meet. I will soon find out just how true that was.

We arrived in Bahia Asuncion where we met up with Chuck ate some dinner then called it a night. Kyle & Chuck went out fishing really early the next morning & I stayed around town & tried to catch up on what was going on with the Olympics. Watched volleyball until the power when out LOL. Then I moved on to do some editing.
While I was hanging around keeping busy some of the other folks from Celito Lindo showed up & we had a few beers & chatted it up for awhile. Then I went out for a four wheeler ride with Jonsie to see more of the town. It was a beautiful little town. While we were out exploring we ran into Chuck & Kyle coming in from their fishing adventure. Found out we were going to be having their catch for dinner with a local family. The parents of Victor the man who ran the hotel where everyone was staying. They must have liked us because they invited everyone back over for ceviche the next night.

The next day we had breakfast with Chuck. Did some tooling around town then it was off to eat ceviche before we knew it. Had a lovely dinner with really good people. Despite that fact that half the people spoke spanish & half the people spoke english there was a great deal of good conversations going on between us.

The local traveling fair was in town so me, Kyle, Gail & Joe went over to check it out. Gail & Joe were courageous enough to try out some of the rides. Kyle & I stayed the safe route with the rigged games & some churros. Needless to say I didn't win any prizes but I sure had fun trying.

Welp tomorrow it will be on to the next spot.
It was fixed!